| Cafe Luna, Summerland, CA... where Nicole and I ordered coffee number two of the day. |
I booked a day and night for Moose and Dixie at the dog farm and Nicole and I packed up the car and ourselves and hit the road bright and early at seven this morning. Our first stop was a winery overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Summerland, a few miles south of Santa Barbara. We got there before ten and they didn't start pouring the vino until eleven so we had some time to kill. We grabbed coffee number two at this adorable cafe and then took a leisurely walk to the beach to see the ocean. Nicole had never seen the Pacific and neither one of us had actually been in the ocean. News flash: the Pacific Ocean is cold cold cold and DIRTY. After a nice walk on the beach, Nicole and I tasted wines and went antique shopping. The wine was a little disappointing but enough to put us in a good mood and get us psyched for the day.
| First time in the Pacific |
We traveled on to Santa Barbara. Our first stop in town was the courthouse, which is featured prominently in the show Psych. The courthouse has some beautiful architecture as well as the most colorful tiles from Tunisia lining the halls. We met a lovely and large family that was attending a civil wedding in the court yard and met Len, the docent, who directed us to lunch on State Street. State Street is Santa Barbara's main drag with bars, restaurants, and high end shopping. We had lunch at an outdoor cafe before proceeding to the Franciscan mission.
| Wine tasting at Summerland Winery |
| Santa Barbara Courthouse |
| Tunisian tiles in the courthouse |
| Santa Barbara Mission built in 1786 and named for Saint Barbara, saint of munitions shipping. |
| Friar Emily at the Mission |
3 comments:
LOVE your dress!
Target... clearance rack!! Doesn't it look like a Lilly!
Oh my goodness, yes! I love Target clearance shopping! I need to check the clearance clothes more often...
Post a Comment