Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Poop Happens"

Every morning before Kenneth heads off to work, I get up and help him pack his lunch, drink my cup of chai tea, and eat my morning toast.  Usually, Kenneth and I discuss what needs to be done around the house during the day or what we need to do after he gets home from work.  Yesterday, Kenneth asked that I pick up the dog poop in the backyard, a task that we do roughly once a week.  No big deal.  Out here in the West it is so dry that all of the dog poop dries out very quickly and it doesn't smell.  I went to the gym and then came home to pick up the poop.  Lucky for me, it was about one hundred degrees outside yesterday... fun.  I used a brown Trader Joe's shopping bag to pick up all of the little presents left by my two favorite dogs.  I thought I was doing a kick ass job because I cleaned up our whole half acre in about twenty minutes.  As I went to pick up the Trader Joe's bag to dispose of the poop, the bag split AND at that very moment one of Tehachapi's beautiful winds that keep this area so pleasant blew in my direction.  The entire bag of poop became airborne... until my legs and shoes stopped their flight.  Yes, yes, I became covered in dog shit, dirt, and dead grass.  Next time, Kenneth is picking up the backyard.  I am not quite cut out for this type of manual labor.


In other news, I leave in five days for my consulting job.  My flight is booked to Columbus and I am on my way on Tuesday!  Can't wait for my month long road trip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em. you said it yourself, the poop drys up, its hard, not soft and squishy like baby poop. im sure the chunks didn't hurt you one bit hahaha and that they rolled right of yous freakishly freckled body!

xoxo

Emily said...

Your comment is not so anonymous SARA when you call me to inform me that you posted on my blog!

Anonymous said...

i didnt know what all those thingys down there meant so i just said anonymous :-)