In anticipation of the dreaded government shutdown, Kenneth and I decided to host a barbecue complete with all of the fixings and our new kegorator. The hubs built the kegorator with tax refund money to make our home party central for the detachment and to "economize" beer drinking... we are in a recession after all. Of course, I wanted to impress Kenneth's friends and colleagues with my cooking and baking skills, so I pulled out all of the stops to host a casual barbecue dinner. I made the most delicious
crock pot pulled pork, a tangy red cabbage slaw, a green salad with an orange vinaigrette,
jalapeño cheddar cornbread, and a red velvet cake! I would have to say that my entertaining skills are getting pretty good! Now that our kegorator works, you can probably count on more shenanigans and parties at our house!
 |
| Kenneth and Matt with our new kegorator/"beverage center!" |
 |
| All the food minus the pulled pork, which was hanging out in the crock pot. |
2 comments:
You know, something is just not fair that you never got to live at WPAFB...somehow, we got the short end of the stick....we got Lt. Ken and the hounds, but missed out on all the GREAT food....go figure !! Love and miss you both, more than words !!
Love and miss you too! Hoping that someday we will be reunited for a visit!
Post a Comment