Monday, February 21, 2011
Dreaming of Salted Caramel Ice Cream...
The perfect day trip to Los Angeles. Including...
1. Getting lost through the winding neighborhoods of Santa Monica. It was ok because the lush yards were full of flowers and blooming trees. I even spotted a magnolia tree in bloom (my favorite).
2. The best ice cream I ever ate at Sweet Rose Creamery in Santa Monica. I ordered two hefty scoops: one meyer lemon and one salted caramel. The scooper offered an extra dash of sea salt to the scoop of caramel... sinfully delicious. I wanted to lick the biodegradable cup clean.
3. Mini golf in Sherman Oaks. I lost. No surprise there!
4. Dinner at Philippe's in Chinatown. Home of the original French Dip sandwich. Sawdust on the floor, cash only, total dive but totally awesome.
Happy President's Day!
Labels:
California,
Travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment