First, I have to admit that I had a lovely visit with my mom. She cleaned my house, did my dishes, and drank four bottles of champagne in four days. I was pretty impressed. Kenneth and I took Mom out for her first In n' Out burger and of course to our favorite Tehachapi eatery, Red House BBQ. On Independence Day we celebrated with a pot luck complete with thirty people, good food, and lots of dogs. Fireworks viewed from our porch put a final touch on Mom's short but sweet visit.
This week flew by, between a busy week at work and my mom's departure, I barely had the time to brush my teeth. We decided to take this weekend pretty easy and relax as much as possible and clean the house. After getting invited to an impromptu Harry Potter screening, I decided to recipe test on some innocent strangers that would be at the party. I had been dying to try a no cook melon salad "recipe" that I saw in one of my many magazine subscriptions. The salad consisted of cantaloupe, scooped into small balls, those cute little tiny balls of mozzarella cheese, and some prosciutto drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of vinegar.
I had high hopes for the recipe. I was completely underwhelmed. Brave souls ate the salad and said things like "oh, this is interesting" or "this tastes really fresh" but to me it just tasted kind of blah. When Kenneth and I got home later that evening, I immediately took the recipe out of my binder and put it in the trash. C'est la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment