Saturday, March 26, 2011

Strawberry Cake and Griffith Park

















So my fresh strawberry cake fetched ninety dollars at the dessert auction.  Not only did my dessert bring in the most money but it tasted delicious.  How could it not with a French meringue buttercream frosting... loaded with strawberries and butter!

Today we went to Griffith Park with Camdon and the hounds.  The park boasted amazing views of the Hollywood sign and downtown Los Angeles.  It may have been cold, rainy, and cloudy but we could see all the way to the Pacific Ocean.  The observatory is pretty famous in itself and the park is home to a zoo, fifty miles of trails, and of course the iconic sign.  We hiked to the top of Mount Hollywood and took in some of the rain and all of the views.  Moose took a poop in the middle of the parking lot, poor guy had a tummy bug today, and Dixie tried to chase after a squirrel.  We even spotted a few "urban cowboys" on horseback.  All in all it made for quite the adventure.  You could not beat the amazing cityscape of L.A.  Who would have thought that such a huge park could exist smack dab in the middle of L.A!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Emily, I don't know if you remember me, but it's Megan (Ashley's friend from UVA). I've been following your blog for a bit, actually, since I randomly saw it on facebook one day. I'm into blogging/cooking as well. That cake looks awesome! Congratulations on your wedding! (I hope that I don't sound like a stalker haha)

Emily said...

Of course! It is so good to hear from you! I will have to check out your blog too! Hope you are doing well!!!