Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dear Great Pumpkin, I am looking forward to your arrival on Halloween Night. I hope you will bring me lots of presents.



Hello and Happy Halloween from beautiful Tehachapi, California.  I have to admit that Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. While I am not very creative at designing costumes, I love all the fun that Halloween brings and all of the signs of autumn that usually emerge around the time of All Hallows Eve.  This year Kenneth and I will be spending our first Halloween at our house and we are not quite sure what to expect.  I bought a lovely two dollar witches hat at Target, a bag of chocolate from Costco, and some assorted decorations.  Our house now has spooky cobwebs, a nice banner, and a black light to welcome trick or treaters. Kenneth and I also carved pumpkins today!  We went to the farm last weekend to pick out our pumpkins and today, despite much huffing and puffing from Kenneth, we carved them!  Kenneth complained the entire time, although I know he had fun, and designed a pumpkin with the UVA "V" and Sabers!  I attempted to carve a face into my pumpkin, but he looks a little mentally challenged.  

After roasting and devouring all of the pumpkin seeds, Kenneth and I took the hounds to the dog park.  We went on a short trail walk around the park and off into the mountains and then ran around the park with the dogs for about an hour!  Our goal is to exhaust the hounds before cute little kids start ringing our doorbell.  As I write this Kenneth is playing video games, Moose and Dixie are watching birds outside in the yard, and Trader Joe's mulling spices are simmering on the stove.  Side note- if you live near a Trader Joe's you have to buy the mulling spices, they taste amazing in cider or mulled wine and make your house smell great if you simmer them on the stove in a pot of water.  And, the jar is like three dollars!  Anyways, each year in the Grannis family it is tradition to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."  I cannot remember a single Halloween go by without watching the Peanuts classic with my mom.  I bought it on Blu-Ray for our collection and Kenneth and I are going to watch it tonight while waiting for the trick or treaters!  

In other wedding news, the wedding is six weeks away, invitations are in the mail, and Kenneth and I successfully completed our pre-marital counseling.  Guess that means we will see you all in December!  Happy Halloween!

Kenneth complaining about how the pumpkins stink.



At the dog park with the hounds!


A man and his Moose!




Moose may be the dumbest dog but he is certainly the most lovable!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

WooHoo....pictures !! Congrats. The pumpkins look great, and the decorations are awesome....Love ya