Friday, September 10, 2010

If you hit it on the run, we'll put it on a bun... HILLBILLY HOTDOGS!

So, today I am headed to the WVU/Marshall Game for some serious tailgating at the "Friends of Coal Bowl."  It has become a daily ritual to find some sort of local eatery to quench our hunger. Today I found Hillbilly Hotdogs in Huntington, West Virginia.  When I googled for a lunch spot, I immediately knew that I recognized this place.  Hillbilly Hotdogs has been featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on Food Network and has been featured on the Travel Channel.  They are known for this artery clogging concoction called "the homewrecker" that is fifteen inches long and covered in everything holy in this world: chili, cheese, onions, bacon, etc.  My team and I could not pass this place up and I am sure glad that we didn't.  The decor at H.H. featured redneck paraphanielia, twangy blue grass music, real honest to God rednecks, and people in suits and ties.  We got the most amazing corner booth which was perfect for people watching and passing out shirts and hats to patrons.  I got a "veggie dog" which I thought would be slightly health...  NOT.  The hot dog is deep fried, covered in chili, cheese, cole slaw, lettuce, pickles, and onions. I am not quite sure why it is called a veggie dog but what the hell, it was delicious.  Seriously, this one dining institution might erase every negative thought I have ever had about the state of West Virginia!


About to chow down at Hillbilly Hotdogs!

Amen!



Celebrating Stio's birthday with the most amazing deep fried hotdogs!


So worth the stop!  This could be the highlight of our trip so far!

No comments: