Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Little Bit of Southern France in Southern California

Over the last few weeks the gang has been frequenting the weekly farmer's market in Tehachapi.  Long story short, the market is amazing... so much fresh produce from local farms!  We also frequent the German bakery's beergarten for brats and LARGE beers... and by large, I mean large!  Kat and I really like the Tangleweed Farm booth.  They sell these amazing berries, ollaliberries, all kinds of hybrid herbs, like cinnamon basil, and best of all French and English lavender.  Last Thursday the owner of the farm told us that if we drive out to the farm we can cut our own lavender and bring it home with us.  Today Kat and I hoped in her VW Bug and drove the approximately two miles to the Tangleweed Farm.  It felt like stepping into the south of France: fields of lavender, sunflowers, and vegetables.  I had forgotten what green land looked like before today.  Here are some pictures of us exloiring les champs de lavende and the rest of the beautiful farm.  My bank account is a lot smaller after hitting the flowers, herbs, home made goat cheese, and greens at the farm store.

Standing amongst the beautiful sunflowers!

Pretty pink flowers in the farm's greenhouse.

The owners of the farm live, work and play on their land.  This is their quaint farmhouse.





All the colors remind me of a Vincent Van Gogh painting. Just insert some pastis, a baguette, a bottle of French wine, and some attitude and I could very possibly be in the south of France not the south of California!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful! Mom